Last updated: 17 May 2018
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
● Postal address
● Telephone number
● Email address
● Credit and debit card number We collect information you give us when you register on our site, contact us, or make an online contribution. For example, when making a contribution, in addition to providing us your name, address, occupation and name of employer, you will need to provide us a billing address and credit card or bank account information, and answer a series of brief questions to make sure we may legally accept your contribution.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information:
●To allow you to sign petitions, complete surveys and send messages elected officials and corporate leaders through the Site.
● To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you updates by e-mail. (For information about how to unsubscribe from certain e-mails, please see the “Choices and Access” section below.)
● To communicate with you about ColorOfChange PAC campaigns (including by telephone, if you have voluntarily provided your telephone number through the Site. For information about how to unsubscribe from campaign-related telephone contacts, please see the “Choices and Access” section below.)
● To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
● To process your donation or payment.
● To comply with campaign finance laws. We are often required to disclose information regarding our contributions to comply with campaign finance laws. For example, federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer of individuals whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year.
● To send you communications from like-minded partner organizations that we believe may be of interest to you.
● For our business purposes, such as data analysis, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns.
● As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
● To third parties (such as elected officials, like-minded organizations, news publications, and others) when you voluntarily provide such information or when you use certain services available on the Site (such as sending messages to third parties, signing petitions or completing surveys). Please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose through these services may be published on the Site and may become public information that is available to visitors to the Site and members of the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
● To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, donation and payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
● To our affiliates to permit them to send you communications.
● To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
● As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities
Last updated: 28 September 2023
SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you use our services, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and optionally, email address.
When you browse our platform, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at:
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
203 S H st.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 5 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If we are acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at [email protected] or by mail at:
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
203 S H st.